Update No. 2
16 APR 2020
Update No. 7
14 JUN 2020
SPRINGFIELD SWIM CLUB
CLOSED FOR THE SEASON!
Copyright © 2020 Springfield Swim Club
343 North Rolling Road Springfield, PA 19064
Text JOIN SSCALERTS to 94033 and start receiving real time pool and event info
Update No. 5
28 MAY 2020
Dear Member Families, July 15th, 2020
This letter contains important safety precautions, operating hours and guest policy adjustments, opportunities for you to help shape the club’s future, provides some feedback from our recent survey, and announces a Board Open Forum.
Darby Creek Caution
- We have seen an increase of young members exploring the creek during their pool visits. Most concerning is the increase in the number of U10's making that trip either with or without their parent's permission. We urge you to take the time to become aware of the following risks and discuss them directly with your children:
Operating Hours and Guest Policy Adjustments
- Sunday operating hours are being revised to give the club a window to perform scheduled maintenance and upkeep. Beginning Sunday, July 19th, Sunday operating hours will be 9:30 am to 9:00 pm. The club’s current operating schedule will remain in-place for Monday through Saturday: 7:30 am to 9:00 pm. The club will continue to close between 4:00 and 5:00 pm for cleaning.
- We have revised the guest policy. Up to three (3) guests per family will be welcome every day during our evening hours only (5:00 to 9:00 pm). Members will be charged $5.00 per guest. The total number of members and guests occupying any one pod cannot exceed eight (8).
Flood & Property Protection Special Committee
- This is the first of two requests being made for your help sustaining the club well into the future. This year marks the third consecutive year our members have been impacted by high creek water and property flooding.
- We are establishing a Flood & Property Protection Special Committee to begin looking at solutions that provide protection against rising waters and potentially re-define access ways. We are looking to supplement the committee with members willing to help investigate options, meet with environmental and engineering firms, review proposals, and interface with our local and state governments when required. Please contact me with your interest in contributing to this extremely important effort.
- This is our second request for your involvement. The fifteen (15) member Board refreshes up to four 4 of its Governors every year. We recognize that the majority of the Board is filled by Governors serving their second, third, and in some cases fourth Board terms. It’s time for many of us to transfer our knowledge and infuse more diversity of thought into the Board. We are looking for next year’s Board nominees. Please consider serving a term on the Board and sustaining the club’s leadership for the next generation of our members.
- We received a lot of meaningful feedback from our recent survey. Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions and share your opinions on many important issues. A few trends emerged from your comments that we wanted to provide some clarifications to.
Board of Director's Open Forum
- The Board of Directors will host an open forum for members on Monday, August 10th between 6:00 – 7:00 pm. We want you to ask questions, provide feedback, and make suggestions. We’re interested to hear how you think the season is going, what’s working well, and what you think needs to be improved. Put some constructive thought behind your questions and consider joining us for a bit a casual Q&A on the Basketball Court on August 10th.
President, Springfield Swim Club
STATE/FEDERAL OPERATING GUIDANCE
Update No. 4
13 MAY 2020
Update No. 3
29 APR 2020
Monday thru Saturday
7:30 am - 9:00 pm
9:30 am - 9:00 pm
Update No. 1
01 APR 2020
Update No. 6
05 JUN 2020